Alamo Colleges Signs Partnership Agreement with India’s National Skill Development Corporation and Cambridge Education Development

The Alamo Colleges continues to expand its international partnerships, most recently by signing an agreement with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) of India and Cambridge Education Development (CED) to promote collaboration in the field of vocational education and training.

Alamo Colleges Chancellor Dr. Bruce Leslie, Dilip Chenoy, managing director and CEO of NSDC, and Jiten K. Agarwal, CEO of CED, signed the agreement establishing the partnership, which calls for the Alamo Colleges to: provide technical expertise in setting up academies of excellence based on their extensive experience; expertise in operating academies of excellence by developing and implementing leadership programs, providing experts for vocational and technical teacher training, developing expertise in curriculum development, teaching and learning resources development, testing and certification and labor market information; exploring the offering of skills development programs in India; and providing consultancy to academic and corporate institutions and conducting customized corporate training programs.
The NSDC will identify Indian institutions to be assisted, facilitate partnerships with relevant industry stakeholders and fund India-specific training initiatives set up by Alamo Colleges in collaboration with CED. CED with assist with the implementation of vocational and technical training along with Alamo Colleges and help facilitate technical knowledge sharing between Alamo Colleges and the academies of excellence.

“This agreement is yet another recognition of the worldwide reputation that the Alamo Colleges has established in workforce training,” said Leslie.”The success of our programs and the excellence of our faculty continue to make us a global leader in workforce development,” he added.

“We are excited to continue to expand our international reach and offer our students and faculty new international opportunities,” said Carol Fimmen, Alamo Colleges’ director of international programs.

The NSDC is a public-private partnership in India with the government of India holding a 49% equity stake and India’s private sector holding the remaining 51% equity stake. NSDC aims to promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality, for-profit vocational institutions and also setting up and operationalizing not-for-profit Sector Skill Councils in the identified sectors. In addition, NSDC facilitates creation of Skill Gap Reports on a periodic basis, and encourages innovation,, technology enablement, facilitation of skill development, and advocacy in the skilling space. NSDC also provides funding to build scalable, for-profit vocational training initiatives.

Source From:http://www.alamo.edu/newsDetail.aspx?id=47271